Friday, July 29, 2011

Camper Review: Ume’s 'Sunshower'

by Gabbie Paweler


I have to say, this band is certainly a lucky coincidence. The first time I listened to Ume’s Sunshower EP, I was in the car with my dad, and he pointed out that the silver Volkswagen in front of us had an Ume bumper sticker on it. Talk about a trippy experience. The album itself is memorable – well, I mean, I definitely won’t forget it. The music isn’t dynamic enough to be in my comfort zone, but it is still good music. I like the melody that says “Nothing really happening here” in "Sunshower," and I’m digging the dominating bassline in that track as well as in “The Conductor.” “Pendulum” is put together well and relaxes despite its heavy guitar and ever-present drumming. In the third track, “The Conductor,” says the guitar, is a scary person; the riff feels threatening. The music puts me in a lush place, much like the scenery displayed on the cover. I definitely recommend listening to the record – at least once. 3 stars (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment